Arts-Network-transparency

Arnold Krille kde at arnoldarts.de
Sat Aug 24 23:09:35 BST 2002

Hi,

I just tried the aRts-Network-transparency and it doesn't work like I
expected. The documentations on aRts (from the homepage) and aRts-builder
(which seems to be the same) and the old KDevel2.0Book don't give me the info
I want.

I want to beam audio (and/or midi) around inside my network. Means from my
fast laptop to my tower with its good soundcard (wich has good midi too).

I enabled Network-transparency on both artsd, but I don't know how this will
help me...

Then I tried to record from the one computer into a pipe which was inside a
dir mounted by the other computer, where I wanted to play from this pipe.
This didn't work either. It gave me no errors but It also gave me no sound
and no artsrec appeared inside one of the audiomanagers.

Can anybody help me?

Would it make sense to try to write some aRts-module which can handle
async-streams over tcp/ip or is there a solution for it?

Arnold