Representative screenshot of KDE program/workspace on a mobile device needed, quickly

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Oct 2 22:37:24 CEST 2010

Hi Martin,

Samedi, le 2 octobre 2010, à 14:32, Marco Martin a écrit:
> On Friday 01 October 2010, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > to have some pick-and-go picture material to offer for press people on
> > the upcoming website of the Desktopsummit 2011 (in Berlin) I would like
> > one or two representative screenshots of KDE programs or workspaces on a
> > mobile device (handheld formfactor).
> >
> > As quickly as possible. Needed at end of upcoming weekend, so deadline
> > Sun, Oct 3rd, 12 pm Berlin timezone.
>
> I've done some screenshots of plasma-mobile, as well as some actual photos
> of (very ugly) devices running the "mobile" and the "tablet" versions of
> the plasma workspace.
> uploading right now at:
> http://www.notmart.org/misc/plasma-mobile-screenshots/
>
> a video is in the works as well, but as i said is probably out of scope for
> the matter.

Oh, given that these days there are also quite some online news sites, this is
a very nice idea, good. :) Please give a link once you are done. Ideally one
to some source with a video player which can be embedded into a webpage and
deal with many people looking at it.

> let me know if other/different screenshots are needed.

Thanks. Think these are good candidates:
http://www.notmart.org/misc/plasma-mobile-screenshots/plasma-mobile-1.png
http://www.notmart.org/misc/plasma-mobile-screenshots/P1000355.JPG
http://www.notmart.org/misc/plasma-mobile-screenshots/P1000356.JPG

Small nitpick: The shadows at the top on the photos are quite heavy, for
future photos you could try a second source of light from above/behind the
device, so it's more equally lighted.

Now waiting for some screenshot from the Marble team who already replied
separetely, too, then will decide for two to pick from all offered.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Friedrich
--
KDE Okteta - a simple hex editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta