Representative screenshot of KDE program/workspace on a mobile device needed, quickly

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 17:21:31 CEST 2010

On Saturday 02 October 2010, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Samedi, le 2 octobre 2010, à 14:32, Marco Martin a écrit:
> > On Friday 01 October 2010, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > to have some pick-and-go picture material to offer for press people on
> > > the upcoming website of the Desktopsummit 2011 (in Berlin) I would like
> > > one or two representative screenshots of KDE programs or workspaces on
> > > a mobile device (handheld formfactor).
> > >
> > > As quickly as possible. Needed at end of upcoming weekend, so deadline
> > > Sun, Oct 3rd, 12 pm Berlin timezone.
> >
> > I've done some screenshots of plasma-mobile, as well as some actual
> > photos of (very ugly) devices running the "mobile" and the "tablet"
> > versions of the plasma workspace.
> > uploading right now at:
> > http://www.notmart.org/misc/plasma-mobile-screenshots/
> >
> > a video is in the works as well, but as i said is probably out of scope
> > for the matter.
>
> Oh, given that these days there are also quite some online news sites, this
> is a very nice idea, good. :) Please give a link once you are done.
> Ideally one to some source with a video player which can be embedded into
> a webpage and deal with many people looking at it.

i've uploaded two new ones:
one longer about two new features that came in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7yLL55xspw
http://blip.tv/file/4197573

this one is just 1 min long and has the nice kde4 launch tune as background,
so looks more like an advertising :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mycFeGBwlAE
http://blip.tv/file/4197661

the blip.tv version has also a link to the original theora files

> Thanks. Think these are good candidates:
> http://www.notmart.org/misc/plasma-mobile-screenshots/plasma-mobile-1.png
> http://www.notmart.org/misc/plasma-mobile-screenshots/P1000355.JPG
> http://www.notmart.org/misc/plasma-mobile-screenshots/P1000356.JPG
>
> Small nitpick: The shadows at the top on the photos are quite heavy, for
> future photos you could try a second source of light from above/behind the
> device, so it's more equally lighted.

yep, you're rigt, those shadows look rather bad :/

Cheers,
Marco Martin