Remote connect akonadiconsole <-> akonadiserver?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jun 13 16:16:43 CEST 2010

Hi Rolf,

On Sunday, 2010-06-13, Rolf Offermanns wrote:

> I get some errors about non-existing dbus services, but the connection
> is established anyway. At least partially...
>
> I can use the "Browser" to check my N900 resources, but the "Agents" tab
> still shows the stuff from my desktop, not the resources from the N900.

D-Bus usually doesn't support connections via anything else than local means
such as Unix domain sockets, though tt might be possible to configure D-Bus to
use TCP and not perform any authentication checking.

However, if I understand your requirements correctly, wouldn't it be easier to
just set DISPLAY for akonadiconsole to point to your desktop machine or use X
tunneling of SSH?

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring