Remote connect akonadiconsole <-> akonadiserver?

Rolf Offermanns rolf.offermanns at gmx.net
Sun Jun 13 14:27:24 CEST 2010

Hi All,

is it possible to remote control an akonadiserver on an N900 from an
akonadiconsole on a desktop KDE system?

Background: I am not able to setup new accounts with the kmail-mobile
wizard. I always need to complete the setup in akonadiconsole afterwards.

Since akonadiconsole on the N900 isn't that fun to use, I would like to
use the one on my desktop machine.

I tried the following:

- Edit .local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf and comment the "skip_networking"
line

- Edit .config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc, insert
User=user to the QMYSQL section

- Add a suitable mysql access entry to the mysql/user table to allow
remote connections

Now I can remote connect to the mysql server on the N900 using the mysql
client.

Now I start the akonadiconsole client on my desktop pc and change the
server settings accordingly.

I get some errors about non-existing dbus services, but the connection
is established anyway. At least partially...

I can use the "Browser" to check my N900 resources, but the "Agents" tab
still shows the stuff from my desktop, not the resources from the N900.

Can this work at all?

Thanks,
Rolf