n900 kontact-mobile new experimental 20100813-2

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sat Aug 21 11:59:04 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 18 August 2010 09:17:36 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> For those following Kontact Mobile development on the N900 (Maemo 5)
> (which includes a large bunch of the KDE Platform of course)
> and the packaging effort the Kontact Mobile team does:
>
> We have a new candidate set in our experimental repository: Tag 20100813
> (Installation works like in http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Mobile)

We've updated experimental binaries for the 20100813 tag yesterday,
so I call it 20100813-2. In my short try this morning it was improved:
 + fixed the black background for korganizer
 + could see appointments the first time.
I still have
 - speed problems (it takes a while until everything settles,
   than speed goes up a bit, but it is still around 2 seconds for
   some operations.)
 - I could not get "configure account" to pop up a dialog in kmail.
 - the monthview in korg had update problems for me.
 - the first time, especially in INBOX, selecting an email takes a long
   while (I tend to click twenty times), after it worked once it works
   faster.

I did an upgrade keeping the configuration and it went okay.

The wiki also has update instructions, do not forget to run both
  apt-get install kdepim-mobile
and
  apt-get upgrade

Let us know what you think.
Bernhard
ps: No I could not enter all the issue in the tracker, yet.
pps: Yes, IMO I believe 20100813-2 is a candiate to get copied to unstable.
Maybe we even do this very soon.

Deputy Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: Kolab-Konsortium.com.
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, Osnabrück, DE; AG Osnabrück, HRB 18998