[Kde-mobile-users] Installing Kontact Touch on N9 Harmattan

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Mar 23 16:05:02 UTC 2012

Hi Rigo,

first let me thank you for your detailed analysis of this problem.
On Thursday 15 March 2012 15:49:56 Rigo Wenning wrote:
> Dear Bernhard,
>
> the problem is the virtuoso package from the kolab-repository.
> https://files.kolab.org/local/maemo/dists/harmattan/binary-armel/virtuoso/
>
> The post installation script tries to make
> ln -s virtuoso-opensource-6.1 virtuso in /etc/init.d/
> which is protected by aegis, so it can't complete
Ugh, well i've promised I won't bitch about Aegis and just accept it as a fact
of life :)

> in order to get my system clean again without actually removing kontact
> touch entirely, it would be sufficient if a new version of the package
> virtuoso- opensource-6.1 could be generated. This new package would omit
> the link. I don't know which other packages call that script and have to be
> adapted.
I'll see to it that I update the package soon, updated versions of Kontact
Touch are a bit overdue atm anyway.

Of course if you like you could also just install scratchbox [1] and rebuild
the package for yourself [2] :) (Putting it in the files.kolab.org repo would
be no problem)

> But if you're at it. the N9 uses a systemd-system and not a sysV-system.
> You may want to migrate startup scripts into /etc/init/ and remove from
> /etc/init.d
I don't think we have any apart from virtuoso but I might be mistaken.

Regards,
Andre

1:
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/library/html/guide/html/Developer_Library_Alternative_development_environments_Platform_SDK_user_guide_Installing_Harmattan_Platform_SDK_Installing_Harmattan_Platform_SDK_manually.html#Installing_the_Scratchbox_packages

2: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/20

Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/