[Kde-mobile-users] Installing Kontact Touch on N9 Harmattan

Rigo Wenning rigo at w3.org
Fri Mar 23 18:23:04 UTC 2012

Andre,

if you're generating new packages anyway, there is another big issue that you
may want to fix in the new version:

Whenever I'm in a menu that requires text-input, the N9 screen keyboard is
triggered. The keyboard is actually taking the lower half of my screen. But
under the keyboard is the <OK> button. As long as the keyboard is on the
screen, you can't reach the <OK> button.

Easy, I thought, just tap on the chrome of the application, it will let you
out of the text input field and the keyboard disappear thus giving me access
to the <OK> button. But where ever I tap, the keyboard does not disappear. Now
I'm stuck. The only way to get out is to end the application by swyping it
away.

Second: The N9 has this very nice swype keyboard that allows really fast text
input. But having kontact touch being stuck in the landscape position, the
swype keyboard is very spread out and takes large parts of screen real estate.
So it would be nice to allow kontact touch to rotate. This would be even more
true for a tablet computer.

As I don't know how much lacking functionality is due to missing
virtuoso/nepomuk/akonadi, I can't tell how the synchronization with the
computer's kontact works. So far I only managed manual integration. This looks
like a crucial functionality for N9, but also for tablets based on fremantle.

And thanks for caring ;)

Rigo