[Kde-mobile-users] Setup problems for Kontact touch

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Wed Dec 14 10:43:11 UTC 2011

> Am Wednesday, 14. December 2011 10:54:31 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
>> > which version did you try in particular?
>> The most recent one available for the N900 (like 2 weeks old).
>
> Package source and revision of kontact-touch and kdelibs?

kmail-mobile: 4:4.7~.20111118.1948.git7716ee8-1maemo1.1260187
(There is neither a kontact-touch nor a kontact-mobile package).
kdelibs5-runtime
4:4.7+20111119.8498a082fe8607f0bc1d907750b185e1af1ed2de-1maemo1.1262526

deb http://files.kolab.org/local/maemo/ fremantle snapshots extras

>> > You are correct that it could be guessable, if all object types in a
>> > folder are specific. However I do not think this feature has been
>> > implemented. So it probably needs to be set manually.
>>
>> Not nice, but doable. So how do I do it for KoMo?
>
> I'm away from my test setups right now, I would expect you to be able
> to do this at least with akonadiconsole (you know how to set it remotely I
> guess).

I will figure this out.

>> But I would guess it is very likely. And detection is very easy: just
>> download the headers of the first mail in any folder and look if it has
>> an X-Kolab-Type set and then use that.
>
> No this would not be a save detection method.
> A contacts folder only can have contacts types (distribution list and
> contacts) in it. So you would need to parse them all and check if they are
> wellformed.

Well, then ask the user. As he could create a bad setup later anyway by
changing the type or putting bad "mails" in a special folder this
situation has to be dealt with anyway.

>> If you want to be safe just
>> show a confirmation dialog: Kontact has detected these folders to
>> contain
>> special contents, is this correct?
>
> This could a possible way. However the question might come to often for
> non-calender folders that happen to contain one object or so. Overall I
> would prefer a more robust detection method.

I would show this only once, when the Kolab account is set up. And then
just show a treeview:

Contact folders
 -Contact
  -Contact/foo
 -MoreContacts
Calendar folders
 -Calendar

Every folder entry with a checkbox. If the user unchecks it, the folder
defaults to mail.

Eike