[Kde-mobile-users] Setup problems for Kontact touch

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Dec 14 10:11:51 UTC 2011

Am Wednesday, 14. December 2011 10:54:31 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
> > which version did you try in particular?
> The most recent one available for the N900 (like 2 weeks old).

Package source and revision of kontact-touch and kdelibs?

> > You are correct that it could be guessable, if all object types in a
> > folder are specific. However I do not think this feature has been
> > implemented. So it probably needs to be set manually.
>
> Not nice, but doable. So how do I do it for KoMo?

I'm away from my test setups right now, I would expect you to be able
to do this at least with akonadiconsole (you know how to set it remotely I
guess).

> > In the Kolab Concept the imap folder name is irrelevant, the client only
> > detects types via the imap annotation or by an explicit setting.
>
> So why did the detection work on the "Contacts" folder then?

I don't know without code inspection.

> But I would guess it is very likely. And detection is very easy: just
> download the headers of the first mail in any folder and look if it has an
> X-Kolab-Type set and then use that.

No this would not be a save detection method.
A contacts folder only can have contacts types (distribution list and
contacts) in it. So you would need to parse them all and check if they are
wellformed.

> Some sort of detection must have been
> there, otherwise the "Contacts" folder would not have been used as that.
> So why not apply this to other folders, too?

Yes, I agree.

> If you want to be safe just
> show a confirmation dialog: Kontact has detected these folders to contain
> special contents, is this correct?

This could a possible way. However the question might come to often for
non-calender folders that happen to contain one object or so. Overall I would
prefer a more robust detection method.

> Well, the point is: it works with the desktop version. There it shows the
> barcodes when selecting any contact anyway. This would use too much space
> for the mobile, but the code is already there. Just put it on another form
> that the user has to explicitely show.

Okay, then it is just a matter to execute the method and show its result
to the user.

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member