[Kde-mobile-users] Join or not? A Vision for kde-mobile-users at kde.org

Björn Balazs b at lazs.de
Wed Jun 9 11:00:04 CEST 2010

As Rolf asks, what this mailing list is actually for, I want to suggest a
"Vision", to help you making the decision wether to join the list or not:

We have an interest in making free software, esp. KDE SC available to the
mobile world. We think that this can only be successful, if we - as potential
users of this software - actively participate in the development.

We join this list in order to:
- define requirements and understand the settings and goals of mobile usage
- discuss, evaluate and improve mock-ups, prototyps and pre-versions of the
projects
- answer questions that arise during development, e.g. by participating in
online surveys or discussions on the list
- talk about anything related (including this "vision")

I hope this will give you an idea about the intention of this ML and you will
not hesitate to join us and to spread the word :)

The project we start with is Kontact mobile, which we port to the N900 and the
HTC Touch Pro 2. I will publish more information about this project soon. For
those that are very brave and want to take a look, I would like to point to
the post from Bernhard:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-mobile-users/2010-June/000002.html (take the
warning seriously!)

Cheers,