[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Sync Kontact and Kontact Mobile

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Dec 16 09:39:59 CET 2010

Hi Dominic,

Am Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2010 00:08:51 schrieb Dominic Lyons:
> > BTW maintaining a Kolab Server is as easy as maintaining an email
> > server.

> I've tried setting it up on a Kubunt Natty (a pre-release version) VM.
> Natty aims to provide a "native" Kolab server (no OpenPKG) but it still
> seems to be in transition.

ah, cool. If OpenPKG works for your platform, it usually is easier to install.
The Kolab Server people but some effort into getting more directly into GNU
distributions, so you could ask on their list for help with it.

> I havent been overall successfull (but the last try was nearly working
> besides some details) and I will try again.

Thanks for trying and your feedback, if more people would say they want a
Kolab Server account for a reasonable fee, I am sure this would also help
to get the offers out. ;)

Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.