[KDE/Mac] first krita 3.0 pre-alpha app bundle

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 09:16:15 UTC 2016

On Monday January 18 2016 08:23:50 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

>> I know that Qt 5.6 compiles with an SDK as old as 10.8 (we've ensured that with Thiago Maciera and Jake Petroules) but I can't confirm for 10.7 as I don't remember the outcome of our IRC chat about that.
>
>When I tried with 10.9, I got failures linking to the xtest framework. I haven't got the output here, I'm afraid.

On 10.9 with the 10.8 SDK, or (hopefully not) with the 10.9 SDK? Do you know if those errors also occur when trying a "regular" build?

Was Krita ever among the Calligra components that had unittests for plugins where the plugins were linked to the test exec as if they were shared libraries? Plugins are built using -bundle instead of -dynamiclib on 10.9 and earlier, and that makes it impossible to use them as shared libraries. I don't see why Apple (or CMake) would change anything in this domain, so that practice should have bitten you on 10.11 too, a priori.

Side-note: -bundle doesn't mean "generate the thing inside a bundle directory structure" ...

Any ETA on the Qt 5.6.0 release date, btw?