[KDE/Mac] first krita 3.0 pre-alpha app bundle

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 00:01:27 UTC 2016

On Friday January 15 2016 23:43:10 mk-lists at mailbox.org wrote:

Howdy,

> $ open /Applications/krita.app
> LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10825 for the file
> /Applications/krita.app.

That's "Error -10825: 'kLSIncompatibleSystemVersionErr' (The app cannot run on the current OS version)"

> $ /Applications/krita.app/Contents/MacOS/krita
> QCoreApplication::arguments: Please instantiate the QApplication object
> first
> krita.lib.pigment: Compiled for arch: ::Vc::SSE41Impl
> krita.lib.pigment: Features supported:
> krita.lib.pigment: 	 "SSE2" 	---	 yes
> krita.lib.pigment: 	 "SSSE3" 	---	 yes
> krita.lib.pigment: 	 "SSE4.1" 	---	 yes
> krita.lib.pigment: 	 "AVX " 	---	 no
[...]
> While "open" fails the direct call of the executable worked fine and I
> could even draw stuff in the running application.

That may mean that there is something in the Info.plist that causes LaunchServices to give up without even trying.

That makes me realise that I'm not even sure if I actually tried launching from the Finder (in addition to starting from a terminal). I'll have to download the image again to verify (and have a look at that Info.plist).

Cheers,
René