[KDE/Mac] first krita 3.0 pre-alpha app bundle

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jan 16 08:32:04 UTC 2016

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> On Friday January 15 2016 23:43:10 mk-lists at mailbox.org wrote:
>
> Howdy,
>

>> $ open /Applications/krita.app
>> LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10825 for the file
>> /Applications/krita.app.
>
> That's "Error -10825: 'kLSIncompatibleSystemVersionErr' (The app cannot run on the current OS version)"

:-(

>> $ /Applications/krita.app/Contents/MacOS/krita
>> QCoreApplication::arguments: Please instantiate the QApplication object
>> first
>> krita.lib.pigment: Compiled for arch: ::Vc::SSE41Impl
>> krita.lib.pigment: Features supported:
>> krita.lib.pigment: 	 "SSE2" 	---	 yes
>> krita.lib.pigment: 	 "SSSE3" 	---	 yes
>> krita.lib.pigment: 	 "SSE4.1" 	---	 yes
>> krita.lib.pigment: 	 "AVX " 	---	 no
> [...]
>> While "open" fails the direct call of the executable worked fine and I
>> could even draw stuff in the running application.
>
> That may mean that there is something in the Info.plist that causes LaunchServices to give up without even trying.
>
> That makes me realise that I'm not even sure if I actually tried launching from the Finder (in addition to starting from a terminal). I'll have to download the image again to verify (and have a look at that Info.plist).

Double-clicking, even from the opened dmg worked for me... But if you can find something that will fix running Krita by simply editing the Info.plist, I would be so happy! Since, evidently,the executable itself works fine, so I wouldn't have to figure out how to build Qt on El Capitan for an older SDK.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org