[KDE/Mac] new year's resolution: opening files "the Mac way" (TM)

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Sat Jan 2 19:24:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

> On Saturday January 02 2016 19:56:28 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

>> I have added this now just to KateApp.
>>
>> https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kate.git&a=commit&h=cd6ec201725cf627a336015d472c39f5ff73b2a7
>
> Hmm, thanks for the hint with the Info.plist? You mean you already knew about
> the rest? :)
Yeah, as said, I just never had time to implement it (and was too dumb to get MacOS to trigger
the event).

Besides: No need for ifdefs, QFileOpenEvent is there on all platforms, just without function.

>> Can be just set to empty QString like done in my commit above.
>
> That's what I hoped, but now I can just grab your patch.
;) Added the same to KWrite, both should be fine now, at least for the cases
where we have some url.

>> Why not just add the matching code to the applications you want to have support?
>> They will anyway need adjustments.
>
> Yes, but it'd be a bit easier if you can just connect to a signal, especially if
> you already have a slot that takes a QUrl to open. KDE4 has its own
> QApplication derivative that can act as the "delegate" for the event; I find
> that a more elegant solution if it can be implemented without breaking binary
> compatibility.
But you are aware that KDE 4.x is in pure maintainance mode and for KF5 based stuff
the simplest solution will be the event filter (or adding ::event overwrite if the application
already has inherited from qapp)

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com