[KDE/Mac] new year's resolution: opening files "the Mac way" (TM)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 19:20:43 UTC 2016

On Saturday January 02 2016 19:56:28 Christoph Cullmann wrote:

Hi,

> I have added this now just to KateApp.
>
> https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kate.git&a=commit&h=cd6ec201725cf627a336015d472c39f5ff73b2a7

Hmm, thanks for the hint with the Info.plist? You mean you already knew about the rest? :)

> Can be just set to empty QString like done in my commit above.

That's what I hoped, but now I can just grab your patch.

> Why not just add the matching code to the applications you want to have support?
> They will anyway need adjustments.

Yes, but it'd be a bit easier if you can just connect to a signal, especially if you already have a slot that takes a QUrl to open. KDE4 has its own QApplication derivative that can act as the "delegate" for the event; I find that a more elegant solution if it can be implemented without breaking binary compatibility.

Cheers,
René