[KDE/Mac] new year's resolution: opening files "the Mac way" (TM)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 19:52:58 UTC 2016

On Saturday January 02 2016 20:24:25 Christoph Cullmann wrote:

> Besides: No need for ifdefs, QFileOpenEvent is there on all platforms, just without function.

True, but there's no point in installing an event filter for it on platforms where the event never occurs.

> But you are aware that KDE 4.x is in pure maintainance mode and for KF5 based stuff

I know, but it's not going anywhere anytime soon on client desktops and in MacPorts; not as long as Qt4 builds I reckon.
Heck, I'll probably be sticking to KDevelop4 on my older hardware if what the KDevelop guys say about their new clang-based parser is true (and I believe it; even on my i7 earlier versions of that parser were *much* slower than the legacy C++ parser).