[KDE/Mac] another round of KF5 test-building please

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 19:43:11 UTC 2016

On Thursday July 07 2016 14:29:15 Kurt Hindenburg wrote:

Hi Kurt,

> Hi, first off, I want to thank you for doing all this work getting KF5 to work on Mac OS X.

You're welcome!

> I managed to install KF5-Frameworks and Konsole (my main reason).

I hope KF5 Konsole hasn't been disappointing you. Myself I haven't managed to get the control keys to work properly. Very annoying to work in a terminal that doesn't handle ^C!

> As far as building, there were only 2 issues:
> 1.  kdelibs4support - easy enough to comment out the lines
> CMake Error at /opt/local/share/ECM/modules/ECMAddAppIcon.cmake:74 (message):
>   No ICONS argument given to ecm_add_app_icon
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   src/kdebugdialog/CMakeLists.txt:12 (ecm_add_app_icon)

I just checked and couldn't reproduce the issue. Do you have the files /opt/local/share/icons/oxygen/base/*/actions/tools-report-bug.png, and are they installed by port:kf5-oxygen-icons5? Or should I take the error message literally, and is the ecm_add_app_icon() command indeed missing the ICONS keyword?

> 2. ktexteditor - could not get it to build - core dumps - I was able to just remove ktexteditor since it doesn’t appear needed for Konsole
>
> line 1: 42461 Abort trap: 6           katehighlightingindex

That looks like an abort, probably an ASSERT that gets tripped. Is this still relevant with 5.24.0, and during what stage of the build does it occur? The command runs fine for me.