[KDE/Mac] another round of KF5 test-building please

Marko Käning mk-lists at mailbox.org
Sun Aug 7 15:38:12 UTC 2016

Hi René,

On 18 Jul 2016, at 12:36 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> --->  Installing kf5-kapidox @5.22.0_0+qt5kde
>> -------
>> Is that critical?
>
> No. I also found a way to avoid this warning. There's no point in doing this check for ports that do not install binaries ("supported_archs noarch”).

ok, fine.

>> I didn’t see Kurt’s issues with kdelibs4support and ktexteditor though...
>
> I'm almost sorry to see that because that should have made it easier to understand what happened there …

Yeah...

>> --->  Staging kf5-portingaid-frameworks into destroot
>> ####  Cannot check kf5-portingaid-frameworks for QSP XDG mode (not a CMake project).
>> --->  Installing kf5-portingaid-frameworks @5.22.0_0+qt5kde
>
> Yes, those are in fact only informational. The patch above cancels the message for these ports, but I also turned the message into one that shows only when building with -v.

Great.

>> Somehow I managed to crash Kate though… Need to try and figure out what I did to make it happen…
>
> Without a backtrace I cannot say much…

Sent that as PM to you...

>> --->  Fetching distfiles for kf5-dev-scripts
>> Error: You need to select a python3 variant
>> Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-dev-scripts returned: Please select a python3 variant
>
> I can't remember why I added a Python3 dependency; it appears to be unnecessary. But if it were, there aren't many ways to force the user to chose a Python version …

So, what are we doing there?

>> Error: This port doesn't have a release version yet.
>> Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-kdesvn returned: This port doesn't have a release version yet.
>
> See above. Ports like this need to be installed as the ${name}-devel . Would you suggest that I let kf5-kdesvn (etc) depend on kf5-kdesvn-devel until an official release is made?

Well, I guess it makes sense to not provide all those ports where there isn’t a release yet available.

>> Having said that, I noticed only quite late in the process, that I had installed kf5-osx-integration-devel
>> though:
>> But as this port doesn’t have a lot of dependencies:
>
> Those are *dependents*, not dependencies!

Of course, meant that. :)

>> I believe it might be fine as is for now.
>
> What do you mean?

I just meant that I should have repeated my installation test with the non-devel port instead, but skipped that at the time, not realising though that there isn’t a release for kf5-osx-integration yet.

>> Due to the above issues the following ports could not be installed:
>> -------
>> kf5-digikam
>
> This one should have a release version now. Let me know what you think best for the other ports that do not yet have a release version.

I see, well, as I wrote above: Let’s not offer a release port (or point the user to the devel port) if no release exists (yet).

>> kf5-kscreenlocker
>> kf5-kwin
>> kf5-plasma-integration
>
> Those are Linux only ports. I can make them invisible on OS X, but only by returning the error when generating the portindex. Not really elegant, but OTOH it'll make it easier to know which ports to include in an official release ;)

Yeah, seems fine for me.

Here is my latest try as of today:
—
$ port installed "kf5-*"
  kf5-attica @5.24.0_1+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-baloo @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-baloo-widgets @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-breeze @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-breeze-icons @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-breeze-icons-dark @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-cli-tools @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-dolphin @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-frameworkintegration @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  KF5-Frameworks @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-gpgmepp @16.04.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kactivities @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kactivitymanagerd @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kapidox @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-karchive @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kate @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kauth @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kbookmarks @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kcalc @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kcmutils @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kcodecs @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kcompletion @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kconfig @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kconfigwidgets @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kcoreaddons @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kcrash @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdbusaddons @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdebugsettings @16.04.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdeclarative @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdecoration @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdecoration-viewer @1.0.0.150820_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kded @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdelibs4support @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdesignerplugin @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdesu @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdewebkit @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdnssd @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kdoctools @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kemoticons @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kfilemetadata @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kglobalaccel @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kguiaddons @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-khelpcentre @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-khtml @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-ki18n @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kiconthemes @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kidletime @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kimageformats @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kinit @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kio @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kio-extras @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kitemmodels @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kitemviews @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kjobwidgets @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kjs @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-knewstuff @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-knotifications @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-knotifyconfig @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kompare @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-konsole @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kpackage @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kparts @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kpeople @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kplotting @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kpty @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kruler @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-krunner @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kservice @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-ksshaskpass @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-ksysguard @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-ktexteditor @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-ktextwidgets @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kunitconversion @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kwallet @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kwalletmanager @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kwidgetsaddons @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kwindowsystem @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kxmlgui @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-kxmlrpcclient @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-libkdcraw @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-libkexiv2 @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-libkomparediff2 @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-libksysguard @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-marble @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-okteta @16.04.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-osx-integration-devel @5.22.0.23_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-oxygen @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-oxygen-icons5 @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-plasma-desktop @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-plasma-framework @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-plasma-runtime @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-plasma-sdk @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-portingaid-frameworks @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-solid @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-sonnet @5.24.0_0+aspell+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-systemsettings @5.7.2_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-threadweaver @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-tier1-frameworks @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-tier2-frameworks @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
  kf5-tier3-frameworks @5.24.0_0+qt5kde (active)
MVM7-3:macstrop marko$ port installed "kf5-*" | wc
    101     306    4378
---
i.e. exactly 100 ports successfully built. :-D

This set of ports was the result of this call:
---
sudo port install kf5-* and not installed and not *-devel and not kf5-baseapps and not kf5-config-modules and not plasma-desktop and not kf5-dev-scripts and not kf5-digikam and not kf5-gwenview and not kf5-libkipi and not kf5-kdenlive and not kf5-kdesvn and not kf5-purpose and not kf5-kdev-python and not kf5-kdevelop and not kf5-kdevelop-clang-parser and not kf5-kdevelop-pg-qt and not kf5-kdevplatform and not kf5-konversation and not kf5-kwayland and not kf5-kscreenlocker and not kf5-kwebkitpart and not kf5-kwin and not kf5-okular and not kf5-osx-integration and not kf5-oxygen-icons and not kf5-plasma-integration and not kf5-smb4k
---
but perhaps you advise me to try to install one or more of the excluded ports these days?! ...

>> By the way, when starting kf5-dolphin’s Dolphin.app (later also seen for Okteta.app) it complains
>> ---
>> 	Could not start process
>> 	Cannot talk to klauncher:
>> 		The name org.kde.launcher5 was not provided by any .service. files
>> ---
>> all in one line. :-(
>
> That message is "normal", sadly. It also doesn't mean anything; klauncher *is* started, at some point. Note that there is also an org.macports.kdeinit5.plist launchd file now, because I discovered myself that the kded5 plist didn't (always) start kdeinit5 and thus klauncher.
> Still, those applications are supposed to be started automatically when required; the only reason I can see for that not to happen is if /opt/local/bin is not put in your path early enough . That is not required for dolphin itself, btw; if I start it via the FInder it works fine for me.

This time it worked to start dolphin, although it was missing all its icons still. Also Okteta I saw the warning

	Icon theme "Ciment" not found.

which is probably not surprising… I had set this before:

	launchctl setenv KDE_SESSION_VERSION 4

but also version 5 didn’t give the desired icons in the GUI...

Well, NO icons, but at least the file system content is correct… What am I missing (again)?

I think you’ve come a long way and the number of installable ports is quite impressive by now. I figure one would need to do tests of all ports step by step and finally introduce qt5-kde to MacPorts. :-)

P.S.: BTW, I had tons of problems when downloading from KDE’s download server. Somehow the fetch would timeout for every 3rd port:
---
$ sudo port install KF5-Frameworks
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for KF5-Frameworks
--->  Dependencies to be installed: kf5-portingaid-frameworks kf5-krunner kf5-plasma-framework kf5-kactivities kf5-kcmutils kf5-kdeclarative kf5-kpackage kf5-threadweaver kf5-tier1-frameworks kf5-kapidox kf5-kdnssd kf5-kidletime kf5-kimageformats kf5-kitemmodels kf5-kplotting kf5-tier2-frameworks kf5-kfilemetadata kf5-kpty kf5-tier3-frameworks kf5-baloo kf5-kdesu kf5-kemoticons kf5-knewstuff kf5-knotifyconfig kf5-kpeople kf5-ktexteditor kf5-kxmlrpcclient
--->  Fetching distfiles for kf5-kpackage
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://nue.de.distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from https://distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://download.kde.org/stable/frameworks/5.24
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://mse.uk.distfiles.macports.org/sites/distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://osl.no.distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://fco.it.distfiles.macports.org/mirrors/macports-distfiles/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://ykf.ca.distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/mpdistfiles/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://sea.us.distfiles.macports.org/macports/distfiles/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://jnb.za.distfiles.macports.org/distfiles/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://jog.id.distfiles.macports.org/macports/distfiles/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://cjj.kr.distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://aarnet.au.distfiles.macports.org/pub/macports/mpdistfiles/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://nou.nc.distfiles.macports.org/pub/macports/distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://her.gr.distfiles.macports.org/KF5-Frameworks
--->  Attempting to fetch kpackage-5.24.0.tar.xz from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/KF5-Frameworks
Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-kpackage returned: fetch failed
Error: Failed to install kf5-kpackage
Please see the log file for port kf5-kpackage for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_marko_WC_GIT_macstrop_kf5_KF5-Frameworks/kf5-kpackage/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: kf5-portingaid-frameworks kf5-krunner kf5-plasma-framework kf5-kactivities kf5-kcmutils kf5-kdeclarative kf5-kpackage kf5-threadweaver kf5-tier1-frameworks kf5-kapidox kf5-kdnssd kf5-kidletime kf5-kimageformats kf5-kitemmodels kf5-kplotting kf5-tier2-frameworks kf5-kfilemetadata kf5-kpty kf5-tier3-frameworks kf5-baloo kf5-kdesu kf5-kemoticons kf5-knewstuff kf5-knotifyconfig kf5-kpeople kf5-ktexteditor kf5-kxmlrpcclient
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port KF5-Frameworks failed
---