[KDE/Mac] MacPorts

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 17:32:43 UTC 2015

Howdy,

I've been something of a proponent of MacPorts on here, but I've become quite disappointed (not to say fed up) with them. The last drop being an upgrade to the qt5 port by a maintainer who's never replied to any of my emails while I worked on the port (to the point I almost requested a transfer of maintainer-ship) and now submitted something loosely based on but not 100% compatible with my approach, without as much as a discussion of details or a thank you.

So ... what are other members of this select little community using? Not that I'm dying to kick the whole /opt/local off my system if not only because I have better things to do than reinstall/rebuild its contents through another provider, but if/when I have to I'll probably want to change pasture.

Cheers,
René