[KDE/Mac] qt5-mac-devel -> KF5

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:00:56 UTC 2015

On Wednesday February 18 2015 22:07:30 Ian Wadham wrote:

> > I *think* that cmake and/or the Qt cmake scripts have a variable you can use to point it to the correct qmake executable.
>
> Maybe, maybe not, but it is easy to prepend the required .../bin to $PATH, which
> you need to do anyway if you are not using /opt/local/bin for Qt 5.

It's not the intention that you have to add /opt/local/libexec/qt*/bin to the path. That's what the *-qt* links are for, and that's what qtchooser is intended to help circumvent too.

> > I guess I could have a look if I can't change qtchooser to support the non-concurrent qt4-mac but that will have to wait until next week.
>
> I am not keen on using qtchooser.  It is a Ubuntu thing apparently.  Would
> it introduce another dependency?

No, it's a "Thiago thing". He wrote it. Then again, when I say I took my layout inspiration from Linux, that boils down to Ubuntu because that's what I'm running. As good a generalists' Linux example to take inspiration for MacPorts from as any, and probably one of the better/best thought out.

> me from falling into several pits that  others fell into.  And anyway, where do
> you find it?  I have tried "which", "port search" and Google.

There's a submission for it on trac. You'll probably be able to figure out how to edit its configuration file(s) to cope with the legacy qt4-mac port yourself; it just needs to be pointed to the Qt bin dir and the lib dir.

I realise though that it might be impossible to set it up for the legacy qt4-mac port if that indeed installs qmake, moc etc. in /opt/local/bin . You'd get a name clash ... bummer!