[KDE/Mac] qt5-mac-devel -> KF5

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 02:17:49 UTC 2015

Hi René,

On 16/02/2015, at 9:35 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Sunday February 15 2015 17:08:56 Marko Käning wrote:
>> If you can successfully test this port, possibly in
>> conjunction with René's concurrent variant of qt4-mac,
>> we could finally commit this to MacPorts! That would be a
>> great help for everyone on MacPorts who wants to develop
>> for Qt5 and still needs all the Qt4 bits in place…
>
> Ian installed qt5-mac-devel in conjunction with the standard qt4-mac port.

No I didn't.  I deactivated qt4-mac and all of its dependents I have installed.
Now I have deactivated qt5-mac-devel and re-activated my usual KDE 4
and Qt 4 ports, while I take a rest...

>> Thanks, René, for your hard work on Qt[45]-concurrency!
>
> Actually, the hardest work was the part I didn't do, but my computer ... hours of churning through C++ code ;)

You are at your Mum's, so I did not want to bother you, but…

    1. How do I install qt4-mac +concurrent, starting from [1]?  Trac tickets
        challenge my reading skills… ;-)

    2. IF I install qt4-mac +concurrent, what two values do I use for setting
        $QTDIR to pick up either qt4-mac +concurrent or qt5-mac-devel in my
        non-MacPorts development areas for KDE 4 and KF5/Frameworks?
        I am still not convinced about your installation strategy [2]: in fact I have
        no idea where qt5-mac-devel has been installed.  There seem to be
        bits of it (links to a Library/Frameworks area) in different places under
        /opt/local.

    3. Will I have to re-build all my normal KDE 4 ports as well as my KDE 4
        development areas, if I install qt4-mac +concurrent?

Cheers, Ian W.

[1]
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46238
Related submissions:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46239
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46240
[2]
Why cannot we install into something like /optlocal/qt4 and /opt/local/qt5,
or ditto, but one subdir down from /opt/local?