[KDE/Mac] qt5-mac-devel -> KF5

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:35:47 UTC 2015

On Sunday February 15 2015 17:08:56 Marko Käning wrote:

> If you can successfully test this port, possibly in
> conjunction with René's concurrent variant of qt4-mac,
> we could finally commit this to MacPorts! That would

Ian installed qt5-mac-devel in conjection with the standard qt4-mac port. I've always thought that'd be possible though not ideal because it's not feasible then to install qtchooser (not without conceiving a variant for it at least).

I plan to do a bit more work on qt5-mac-devel; possibly move the KDE variant to a subport, but also move the web-related components that weren't already in Qt 4.8 *) to a subport. I hope to benefit from Bradley's VM for fine-tuning that.
*) that's just the 1st criterium for splitting off parts that came to mind.

> But, I think, the setting up of KF5 ports should be
> quite straightforward. We’d probably need to introduce
> a new KF5 port group for it, which will ease that even
> more.

Yes, and with a bit of luck that will be mostly a clone of the KDE4 portgroup!

> Thanks, René, for your hard work on Qt[45]-concurrency!

Actually, the hardest work was the part I didn't do, but my computer ... hours of churning through C++ code ;)

Cheers,
René