[KDE/Mac] Potential blocker in kdeinit5 and klauncher5 on OS X

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Thu Feb 5 13:23:32 UTC 2015

Ian,

I've applied this patch here to kinit framework and built it. I then tried
launching kdeinit5.app by running
/Applications/KDE/kdeinit5.app/Contents/MacOS/kdeinit5 klauncher which
seemed to run ok and didn't complain about not being able to communicate
with klauncher. I then started kanagram to check if the ghns would work now
that klauncher is running, but it complained (kio complained I guess) about
not being able to start klauncher5. I think I'm not testing this correctly
in other words.

David,

Which applications/daemons should I be starting manually, and which should
be launched from code (kio or other code) via their dbus .service files or
whatnot? Should I run kded itself, should I run kdeinit5 klauncher to get
that started, or just kdeinit5 itself with no arguments? Do I need to use
kdeinit5 to launch anything besides klauncher ?

thanks,
Jeremy