[KDE/Mac] Upgrade to 4.13.3 in Macports

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sat Sep 27 11:35:33 UTC 2014

Hi Nicolas,

On 26 Sep 2014, at 08:06 , Nicolas Pavillon <nicos at macports.org> wrote:
>> yep, that’s important, as it showed itself with kstars and eigen3.
> Well, this is slightly different. Implicit dependencies are the ones satisfied by
> ports below in the tree, which means that they would always be present. Making
> them explicit just makes things clearer for maintenance.

yes, true.

> In the case of kstars, it is a plain and simple missing dependency. They upgraded
> from eigen2 to eigen3 and I forgot to change the dependency in the port.

Yes, that was a fairly easy one, since I had experienced that already on the KF5
version on kstars on the OSX/CI system.

>> In principle one would have to work like the buildbot - i.e. always
>> clean everything before installing any port - but this isn’t realistic
>> considering the large number of KDE 4.13 ports.
> This is still done when upgrading on the main tree, where all ports are passing
> through the bots. I usually upgrade by groups to follow if problems such as missing
> dependencies are happening during the commits.

That’s a sensible approach. I think this iteration here on my completely virgin virtual
machine was a good start, but I can imagine that the bots will still be able to spot
something else.

>>> There are then some patches that I would consider rather safe to include:
>>> - Use of OSX keychain (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/119838/) This seems like
>>> a nice feature, with its use based on a variant, which would thus be mainly “on demand”.
>> This doesn’t seem to be included yet, right? (TODO?)
> It is included, you can check the variant "osxkeychain". Then, all the patches you are
> referring to below are included in the version I sent you. Normally, that includes all
> changes up to Sep. 23rd.

Great. Just wanted to verify.

Up to now I have updated Portfiles and patches for three RRs:
---
$ git log -9 --oneline
8f8d720 reinsert marble, also add step
3e00bf3 fix marble's destroot
f105406 fix poxml
40d221e kdepim4: update of René's ktimetracker patch (RR 119533)
645d6f6 kdelibs4: another update of René's authBackends patch (RR 120202)
012de18 kdelibs4: update René's authBackends patch (RR 120202)
a25a7a3 kate: include RR 120319
---
but I am afraid there might still be some updates possible...

>> P.P.S.: Nicolas, are you registered as a KDE developer? If not, please send me any
>>         patches and I’ll include them in the repo for you (TODO).
> I am not, but all the patches were contained in the distribution I sent you, so you
> they should readily be included.

OK, good.