[KDE/Mac] Upgrade to 4.13.3 in Macports

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Fri Sep 26 06:06:53 UTC 2014

Hello,
On 26/09/2014 13:59, Marko Käning wrote:
> Hi Nicolas, René and Ian,
>
> On 13 Sep 2014, at 10:50 , Nicolas Pavillon <nicos at macports.org> wrote:
>> - Review of all dependencies, in order to make several implicit ones now explicit
> yep, that’s important, as it showed itself with kstars and eigen3.
Well, this is slightly different. Implicit dependencies are the ones
satisfied by ports below in the tree, which means that they would always
be present. Making them explicit just makes things clearer for maintenance.
In the case of kstars, it is a plain and simple missing dependency. They
upgraded from eigen2 to eigen3 and I forgot to change the dependency in
the port.

> It’s always best to start installation at least from a clean machine.
> In principle one would have to work like the buildbot - i.e. always
> clean everything before installing any port - but this isn’t realistic
> considering the large number of KDE 4.13 ports.
This is still done when upgrading on the main tree, where all ports are
passing through the bots. I usually upgrade by groups to follow if
problems such as missing dependencies are happening during the commits.
>> There are then some patches that I would consider rather safe to include:
>> - Use of OSX keychain (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/119838/) This seems like
>> a nice feature, with its use based on a variant, which would thus be mainly “on demand”.
> This doesn’t seem to be included yet, right? (TODO?)
It is included, you can check the variant "osxkeychain". Then, all the
patches you are referring to below are included in the version I sent
you. Normally, that includes all changes up to Sep. 23rd.
> P.P.S.: Nicolas, are you registered as a KDE developer? If not, please send me any
>          patches and I’ll include them in the repo for you (TODO).
I am not, but all the patches were contained in the distribution I sent
you, so you they should readily be included.

Cheers,

Nicolas