[KDE/Mac] Building Bovo (was Slowdown :))

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sun Sep 14 10:22:59 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

On 14 Sep 2014, at 11:57 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is nothing to do with the KDE Games list.  I did not write there on
> this topic.  I think my replies may have got lost because your thread
> "OSX/CI: bovo fails to build on branch frameworks" was on
> kde-frameworks-devel at kde.org and I am not subscribed to that.

ah, okay, that could be it.

> Never mind. "Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more!”

:)

> I am putting this on the KDE-Mac list in case Rene or Nicolas has an
> input. See also [1]. I think you just need to get rid of C++11 flags in
> the compile. Marko wrote:

Good.

> Oh, I am pretty sure KDE developers are NOT changing to C++11, judging by the
> logs of compiles and builds of Bovo I saw later from *Linux* Jenkins CI.

Ah, ok, I have never seen this text of yours up to now! So it must have indeed
been eaten by the list manager and (perhaps only) Albert happened to be on the CC.

Well, I don’t know what to do about this. I have simply tried to build bovo as
is as well as including Treeve’s patches. Since these patches have to be made on
the CI system directly, I didn’t want to deal with it further, once Albert asked
to get those patches on RB, as I had hoped that Treeve would verify again and
post an RR. That hasn’t happened up to now, I guess...

ATM I have no time to deal with fixing bovo, but Albert has kindly fixed
libkdegames a while ago, but I was simply swamped with other stuff - although I
wanted to make smaller steps this weekend.

Didn’t work out. ;)

Anyway, I hope we’ll get figured out what’s going on here.