[KDE/Mac] KMyMoney won't load (was Success at last)

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu May 29 13:13:05 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

With KMyMoney I am ready to start investigating why it crashes when
you set raster graphics, but I cannot get anywhere because KMM will
build but it will not load.  Always dyld fails on loading libphonon,
because it appears with a relative path in other libraries.

On 29/05/2014, at 10:06 PM, Marko Käning wrote:
> On 29 May 2014, at 14:01 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I grepped every which way through the source code for KMM, but
>> there is no reference to Phonon anywhere.  If there was, I could
>> disable it somehow.  So how on earth does Phonon get loaded?
> Well, I think that dependency is somewhere deep down in kdelibs4.

Phonon gets dragged in by the Akonadi libraries, which in turn are
a dependency of the PIM libs … and the PIM libs are actually referenced
by the KMyMoney CMakeLists.txt files.

Phonon appears in libakonadi-calendar and libakonadi-contact as:
    lib/libphonon.4.dylib
i.e. a relative path, when it should be absolute

Why does this happen in some libraries and not others, e.g. in libakonadi
but not in libkdeui?  Why does it happen in application executables where
the app references Phonon in its CMakeLists.txt?  Why is it that not all
references to libraries are absolute when I ask for that to happen in my
CMake options?

See previous emails and attachment on this thread for details.

Seriously, I need help on this.  Nicolas?  Bradley?  Michael?

All the best,
Ian W.