[KDE/Mac] Success at last (sort of)

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Thu May 29 12:06:53 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

On 29 May 2014, at 14:01 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> Re building KMyMoney, I hard-coded the LibAlkimia location into the
> CMakeLists.txt file, just as a workaround, and got KMM to build.
cool.

> But then it crashed immediately because libphonon had a relative
> path in the KMM executable file.  So what is Phonon doing in KMM?
> Making noises like rustling banknotes?
Hahaha.
That’s an idea.

> I grepped every which way through the source code for KMM, but
> there is no reference to Phonon anywhere.  If there was, I could
> disable it somehow.  So how on earth does Phonon get loaded?
Well, I think that dependency is somewhere deep down in kdelibs4.

But I don’t know any details.
As I wrote, I’ve never heard a sound via KDE here, but hydrogen managed
it by building phonon-vlc in a sort of src-build environment like
you did.

I haven’t been in touch with him since then, though.

But you can also ask on the MacPorts-devel list, since perhaps also Nicolas
but sure Michael has come across it.