[KDE/Mac] Problem with akonadi_imap_resource and negative Timer events (10.9.4 KDE 4.13.3) !

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 10:57:14 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

On Aug 19, 2014, at 12:22, Ian Wadham wrote:

> Curious.  Are you sure that's not 410?  I have found 410 in testing Dr K
> after I took a while to write my report.  It probably cut my connection

Oh, it's quite possible I misremembered ...

> and failed to re-establish it when I eventually tried to send the report,
> because I did not have my cookies in the KCookieJar.

And I presume your kcookiejar was functional (which has been somewhat of an issue for me on OS X)?

> about a month ago and is now using "tokens" to remember a login,
> instead of cookies and will use yet another approach in the next version.

Yes, I saw those warnings on your RR, so I was a bit surprised someone suggested a cookie glitch as an explanation. But you must have seen that Ben already picked up on the issue (bug 337758) so there's no need to continue the OT discussion here ;)

> FWICT so far, tokens are augmented cookies and seem to be remembered
> by Firefox at least.

Just like biscuits are "lite" cookies? :D

> Sorry, I can't help you with KDE PIM apps, libs and akonadi.  I have never
> been able to get them to work on Apple OS X.  They are on my agenda of

Akonadi seems to work just fine, for me it's kmail that crashes nowadays as soon as I launch it (with accounts configured)...

Cheers,
René