[KDE/Mac] Problem with akonadi_imap_resource and negative Timer events (10.9.4 KDE 4.13.3) !

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 10:02:12 UTC 2014

Hi Franz,

And a belated welcome to our list.

On 19/08/2014, at 6:46 PM, Franz Skale wrote:
> perhaps you can help.
> I'm testing kontact on OSX (4.13.3) and getting a lot of negative Timer
> events.
> Using the same source on linux works without the errors.
> Also i have troubles with the summy view and appointments.
> I configured to show the last 31 days, but kontact reminds only the same
> day.
> Is this because of the negative timer events ?
> I get dozents of negative timer events on akonadi_imap_resource.
>
> akonadi_imap_resource_1(2063)/kdepimlibs (kimap)
> RetrieveItemsTask::onFinalSelectDone: No messages present so we are done
> QObject::startTimer: QTimer cannot have a negative interval

Sorry, I can't help you with KDE PIM apps, libs and akonadi.  I have never
been able to get them to work on Apple OS X.  They are on my agenda of
problems to investigate, but quite a way down it.

I have been meaning to ask you, though, how have you built KDE 4.13.3?

MacPorts is currently at KDE 4.12.5.

I am currently building KDE 4.13 libraries (kdelibs) and kde-runtime, using
an extension to kdesrc-build [1], and trying to diagnose and fix bugs, especially
in KCrash and Dr Konqi crash analyser and bug reporter.

There are quite a lot of CMake settings and MacPorts patches you need,
however you build.

Cheers, Ian W.

[1] https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/base/osx-patches/repository/revisions/master/entry/KDEMacPortsTools/README_FIRST