[KDE/Mac] Binary distribution license check

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 20:55:13 UTC 2014

On 14/04/2014, at 12:53 AM, mk-lists at email.de wrote:
> On 13 Apr 2014, at 16:00 , Mario Fux <kde-ml at unormal.org> wrote:
>> So if it's still of interest I could ask Sune from Debian about his opinion on
>> this. But I think as it's no problem to ship these apps for Linux distros it
>> should be ok for Macports as well.
> Well, looking at [1] you can see that MacPorts is very serious about their policy regarding licenses.
> I suggest you talk to Sune and whoever is in charge with those issues and come up with something we could then post on MacPorts’ developer list.
> What do you think?

I think if Mario gives you Sune's email address you should write to Sune yourself,
saying "excuse me for writing to you privately" and mentioning Mario's name when you
introduce yourself.  Sune is quite approachable IIRC.  And core developers are mostly
happy to talk if you have a significant problem and have done your Googling, etc. first.

We cannot expect Mario to be a go-between for every technical query that comes up
in the next few months.

>> There might be some core developers on the horizon like Harald Fernengel (now
>> in CC: ;-) how works on KF5.
> Great!

Errrmmmm … I think he works for Homebrew … but I'd love to see a meeting of
minds between MacPorts, Homebrew and KDE … :-)  BTW, Marko, did you ever
make contact with adymo (ex-KDevelop developer, also working on Homebrew)?

Cheers, Ian W.