[KDE/Mac] Developing KDE on Mac

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 13 00:21:23 CEST 2010

On Thursday 12 August 2010 18:19:41 Sjors Gielen wrote:
> You should probably report build errors in the MacPorts packages to the
> MacPorts packagers of KDE, not to the KDE-on-Mac lists. Their packages
> are, of course, meant to work right away.

The dbus link error is not in the MacPorts build, it's when I try to checkout
and build kdesupport myself that I have problems linking to dbus.  It links
fine when building kdesupport in MacPorts so I think it is something about my
environment.

> KDE4 is, by the way, according to the #kde-mac topic, more up-to-date in
> Fink (4.4.0 versus 4.3.2). I actually even intend to write a script
> someday for KDE4 nightlies in Fink; this may or may not already exist in
> MacPorts. :)

Well, MacPorts is actually 4.4.5 while Fink appears to be 4.4.1 (albeit with
more apps available), but I can switch to Fink if you think that will get
better results.

I'd just like to test my changes before committing, I don't want to risk
breaking the build.

Cheers!

John.