[KDE/Mac] Developing KDE on Mac

Thu Aug 12 19:19:41 CEST 2010

Op 11 aug 2010, om 21:15 heeft John Layt het volgende geschreven:

> On Tuesday 10 August 2010 18:51:07 John Layt wrote:
>> I'm not too worried about fixing that, but I'm also getting problems when
>> trying to build kdesupport in my own dev environment:
>>
>>  Linking CXX executable dbustest
>>  ld: library not found for -ldbus-1
>>  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>
>> Trying 'port contents dbus' shows:
>>
>>  /opt/local/lib/libdbus-1.3.dylib
>>  /opt/local/lib/libdbus-1.a
>>  /opt/local/lib/libdbus-1.dylib
>>  /opt/local/lib/libdbus-1.la
>>
>> Any clues?  I'm not up to speed on OSX libraries.
> I still haven't solved this, I even tried rebuilding dbus, but I did fix some missing dependency errors I was getting by setting the CMAKE environment variables properly, which made me think perhaps there's an env var I'm missing?  Could you post your config file or the output from 'env' so I can see if I'm missing anything?
> Cheers!
> John.

You should probably report build errors in the MacPorts packages to the MacPorts packagers of KDE, not to the KDE-on-Mac lists. Their packages are, of course, meant to work right away.

KDE4 is, by the way, according to the #kde-mac topic, more up-to-date in Fink (4.4.0 versus 4.3.2). I actually even intend to write a script someday for KDE4 nightlies in Fink; this may or may not already exist in MacPorts. :)

Sjors