[KDE/Mac] here there be updates

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 23:45:15 CET 2009

On Jan 22, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Leo Franchi wrote:

>> Well, it is just a matter of opinion, but for me it is just nice to
>> organize things like this. Qt4 has /Applications/Macports/Qt,
>> similarly my various python installs have their own dub-dirs.
>> Personally I would like to have all the KDE4 apps in their own sub-
>> dir, rather than have them cluttering up the root /Applications/
>> Macports directory... Just my 2 pence worth.
>>
>> BTW, is it possible for the KDE applications to have their proper
>> icons ? At the moment they all get some default icon here. Not
>> exactly
>> high priority...
>
> I have been trying and failing to get the icons to show up in the
> finder (for amarok).
>
> I have put amarok.icns in Resources/  and made sure Info.plist
> specifies amarok.icns as the icon, but no dice. I have also tried
> Amarok.icns as the executable name is Amarok ). what is interesting
> is that i have the amarok icon in the doc and systray and everywhere
> else when amarok is running---just not in the finder.
>
> any tips appreciated.
Things I've noticed about this:
1. Manually going into the Resources directory using "Show Package
Contents" on the app made the icon show up in Finder for me.
2. A few months ago while building w/ xcode I got the the icon/program
name show up everywhere (e.g. in Dock, Finder, Activity Monitor).
cmake -G Xcode /path/to/source and the open the.xcodeproj and build
with it.