[KDE/Mac] Packaging up KDE4 for Tiger almost done.

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 14:15:39 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Big O <illogical1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> @iggy Oh, and the qt4-mac portfile now has a qtcopy variant. The
>> variant includes a bunch of patches to qt from kde.
>>  It also includes a fix for a crash on drag (0242 ) error which really
>> should get added to the qt4-mac Portfile asap until 4.4.2 is released.
>> Which reminds me, I should report that to the macports qt port
>> maintainer.

Hmm. Forgot to reply to this the first time round it seems.

> That would be me (well, co-maintainer).  Is there any reason the patches
> from the qtcopy variant shouldn't just simply go into the main portfile?
> If they're fixing problems I think I'd want them there.  What do the other
> patches do? (Note, I haven't had a chance to peruse them myself so it's
> possible the answer to my question might be patently obvious.)
AFAIK the qt-copy patches fix problems KDE has run into but they might
do so in a way unacceptable to Trolltech. The Qt folks don't like
supporting Qt patched with qt-copy patches so that's why I placed them
in their own variant. This way whenever people compile Qt4 with
macports, they'll get vanilla qt by default, but if we want can have
use KDE's qt-copy patches.

> I don't have commit access to the macports repository, so I'll need to
> open a ticket, attach a patch to it, and then ask someone who does
> to apply it to the qt4-mac portfile.  (Or, anyone else can open a ticket
> and attach the patch and I'll sign off on it.)
Qt 4.4.2 is out now and fixes (either using the patches providing by
qt-copy or "Trolltech's way") some issues addressed. I'll test it out
and then open up a ticket with the necessary changes.

> Cheers,
> Tanner Lovelace
>
> --
> Tanner Lovelace
> http://wtl.wayfarer.org/
> (fieldless) In fess two roundels in pale, a billet fesswise and an
> increscent, all sable.

All your gmail are belong to us.