[KDE/Mac] Packaging up KDE4 for Tiger almost done.

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 04:48:32 CEST 2008

Greetings and salutations list,
As you all may (not) know I'm working on packaging up amarok 2 for OS
X. As a fringe benefit the rest of KDE gets a free ride in the process
:-)
I've used iggy's rsync repo as a starting point for the KDE packages
and modified the Portfiles a bit to get them to a) build universal
binaries and b) pull from 4.1 branch instead of the release branches.
same for some of kdesupport (like phonon, soprano and akonadi). I've
attached the portfiles so you can see the changes I made, including
updated depencies (like for qimageblitz :-). They're pretty much the
same thing over and over.
Two outstanding issues with cmake-based Portfiles are: getting cmake
to use the stuff in /opt/local over those in /usr where duplicates
exist and soprano support in kdebase.

I've had problems getting kdepimlibs to build with gcc 4.2 (boost
issue unfortunately). Apart from that everything else is built using
gcc 4.2 on tiger. I've also figured out (kind of) how to integrate gcc
4.2 w/ the 10.4u SDK so I'm going to try doing this on the Leopard
machines (faster compiler/more memory = less time. yay!) I'll provide
more detailed info on what I did @ illogic-al.org wrt the changes I
needed to make to gcc/macports/portfiles to get this all to work.

So I said all that to say this: packages "coming soon". Like next week
soon. Stay tuned.

@iggy Oh, and the qt4-mac portfile now has a qtcopy variant. The
variant includes a bunch of patches to qt from kde.
 It also includes a fix for a crash on drag (0242 ) error which really
should get added to the qt4-mac Portfile asap until 4.4.2 is released.
Which reminds me, I should report that to the macports qt port
maintainer.

--
All your gmail are belong to us.