[kde-linux] Where is the KDE Trash Can? [SOLVED]

Wolfgang Mueller wm at ariannuccia.de
Sat Jun 11 07:09:47 UTC 2016

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 18:24 +0200, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> [...]
> While it might look complicated from our perspective as users,
> the discussions following up to the specification this is based
> on shows, that the situation is not as easy as one would think
> without looking at all the cases that need to be supported.
>
> And as Ralf wrote, since there are tools that actually implement
> the specification, we usally don't need to find these folders
> ourselves. But since there is a specification and not just some
> random set of locations we can if we do.

I apologize for contradicting Ralf and you.  Since the location of
the trash folders is kept secret by KDE (no mention in the manual or
anywhere else), we actually *have* to find them ourselves.  My
method is keeping the name of a file to be deleted and then
performing 'find ~ -name <deleted_file>'.  If somebody knows an
easier or more elegant way to find trash folders, I would be
grateful if he let me know it.

Thanks in advance,
Wolfgang