[kde-linux] how to get kde applications version with commandline

teppisti-xpla xpla at teppisti.it
Sat Apr 16 09:43:06 UTC 2016

On 09/04/16 12:41, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday, 2016-04-09, 12:05:49, yahoo-pier_andreit wrote:
>> On 04/04/16 19:26, James Tyrer wrote:
>> ----strip

>>> The situation becomes even more confusing with the current 5.20.0
>>> release and the 15.12.3 applications.  Some of these will still build
>>
>> ````strip
>>
>>> both versions of available.
>>>
>>> -- James Tyrer
>>
>> so, it seems that the only way to get the KDE Applications version is to
>> run --version command of an application that has been ported in KDE
>> Applications like dolphin??
>
> If you need to know the version of an application, then checking that
> application is likely the best thing to do :-)

I don't want to know the version of an application :-)
..the terms we are using are a little confusing may be :-)
I want to know the version of "KDE APPLICATIONS" that, as I get, should
be a container where many applications are in it.
is there a way to get the version of this container without asking for
the version of an application that is in it??
manythanks :-)