[kde-linux] KDESU doesn't work again with 4.10

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 19:44:28 UTC 2013

James Tyrer wrote:

> BTW, when you make changes to you KDE menu, 'desktop' files for that
> user are created in:
>
>     $HOME/.local/share/applications/
>
> So, the changes to the 'desktop' file are KDE extensions:
>
> X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true
> X-KDE-Username=root
>
> So, now I need help.  I have this 'desktop' file:
>
> --------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<
>

> [Desktop Entry]
> Comment=
> Exec=kfmclient openProfile filemanagement
> GenericName=File Manager
> Icon=konqueror
> Name=Konqueror root
> NoDisplay=false
> Path[$e]=/
> StartupNotify=true
> Terminal=0
> TerminalOptions=
> Type=Application
> X-DocPath=konqueror/index.html
> X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true
> X-KDE-Username=root
>
> --------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<
>

> created by the menu editor.  The KDESU window open, I enter the root
> password, click the button, the window disappears, and nothing further
> happens.  No Konqueror and no error box.
>
> Thanks for your assistance so far.

I don't have a bit of elephant in me so I had to dig a bit.  I found
this and took a screenshot.  It's attached.  Keep in mind, my little
icon is on the kicker thingy at the bottom of the screen.  It should
work either way but just in case.

I got this by right clicking on the icon and looking at the icon
settings.  It may be properties when on the desktop tho.

Let me know if I can get any more info.  It took me a while to get this
working here to but once I got it working, it has been a gem.

Dale

:-)  :-)