[kde-linux] KDESU doesn't work again with 4.10

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 20:33:02 UTC 2013

James Tyrer wrote:

> BTW, when you make changes to you KDE menu, 'desktop' files for that
> user are created in:
>
>     $HOME/.local/share/applications/
>
> So, the changes to the 'desktop' file are KDE extensions:
>
> X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true
> X-KDE-Username=root
>
> So, now I need help.  I have this 'desktop' file:
>
> --------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<
>

> [Desktop Entry]
> Comment=
> Exec=kfmclient openProfile filemanagement
> GenericName=File Manager
> Icon=konqueror
> Name=Konqueror root
> NoDisplay=false
> Path[$e]=/
> StartupNotify=true
> Terminal=0
> TerminalOptions=
> Type=Application
> X-DocPath=konqueror/index.html
> X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true
> X-KDE-Username=root
>
> --------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<
>

> created by the menu editor.  The KDESU window open, I enter the root
> password, click the button, the window disappears, and nothing further
> happens.  No Konqueror and no error box.
>
> Thanks for your assistance so far.

I sent a reply.  It is awaiting approval from a mod.  I attached a
screenshot.  Just in case, I followed the path you gave and found it as
text.  Here it is:

[Desktop Entry]
Comment[en_US]=
Comment=
Exec=kfmclient openProfile filemanagement
GenericName[en_US]=File Manager
GenericName=File Manager
Icon=system-file-manager
MimeType=
Name[en_US]=Konqueror
Name=Konqueror
NoDisplay=false
Path=
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
TerminalOptions=
Type=Application
X-DBUS-ServiceName=
X-DBUS-StartupType=none
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true
X-KDE-Username=root

I have a few of these files but I'm fairly sure that it the one.  Maybe
try copy and paste?  If you get the one with the screenshot, I know it
is the one.

If it doesn't work, I can attach them all and let you try them one at a
time.  I think I have like four files or so.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)