[kde-linux] KDE-4.10.1 - Pager sort of a mess

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 13:34:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:36 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
> Mark Knecht posted on Tue, 09 Apr 2013 14:51:26 -0700 as excerpted:
>
>>> One other thing I noticed: With the oxygen (and professional) desktop
>>> theme(s), there's a small (1 px?) blue outline around the active
>>> desktop in the pager.
>>
>> Exactly what I see but what's blue for you it's a 1 pixel white border
>> for me, and this border is really only visible around the corners of the
>> active pager box.
>>
>> <SNIP>
>>>
>> I was already using Oxygen. I tried most of the others provided by a
>> standard Gentoo install but really Oxygen seems the best.
>
> After more testing, are you *SURE* you're using the Oxygen *DESKTOP*
> *THEME*?  Please do check in kde settings under workspace appearance and
> behavior, workspace appearance, desktop theme.

OK, you are 100% correct. Apparently I started blindly using the
Window Decorations section vs the Desktop Theme sections. When I
downloaded Slim Glow that was a new Theme which fixed the problem but
not for the reason I thought at the time.

The Oxygen THEME does a moderately good job of fixing the pager
problem I was seeing. I think I like the Slim Glow theme a bit better
on the pager but I like the Oxygen theme a lot better better on the
widgets so I guess I'll have to play around for a few days and see
what feels better over time.

Gawd, this 'Oxygen' moniker is everywhere, isn't it? Window
Decorations, Desktop Themes, Cursor Themes, Widget Styles, Colors,
Icons, and probably too many more! Absolutely crazy!

OK, thanks for figuring this out. You were exactly right about where
the problem was and now things are much better.

Cheers,
Mark