[kde-linux] KDE-4.10.1 - Pager sort of a mess

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Apr 11 14:40:34 UTC 2013

Mark Knecht posted on Thu, 11 Apr 2013 06:34:10 -0700 as excerpted:

> The Oxygen THEME does a moderately good job of fixing the pager problem
> I was seeing. I think I like the Slim Glow theme a bit better on the
> pager but I like the Oxygen theme a lot better better on the widgets so
> I guess I'll have to play around for a few days and see what feels
> better over time.

Do note that you can customize the desktop theme, picking and choosing
parts from all installed themes if you want.  I've not actually played
with it too much myself, but I know the "customize" tab is there, and
I've looked at it enough to have seen the list of components that can be
switched out between different themes.

But while that does allow you to mix and match, whether it'll allow you
the /perfect/ mix for your needs is still to be seen.  Of course you
could hand-edit the themes, combining them yourself into your own theme,
or simply altering one specific parameter for one theme as I did at one
point, but while people obviously do it or there'd not be so many themes
on kdelook, hand-editing at that level is beyond where even most gentooers
are comfortable treading (at least if they don't have to), I think, and
I'm no exception.

OTOH, maybe you'll soon have your own theme or theme variant up at
kdelook. =:^)