[kde-linux] desktop wallpapers disappeared at boot

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun Feb 5 16:09:38 UTC 2012

Bogus Zaba posted on Sun, 05 Feb 2012 06:29:12 +0000 as excerpted:

>  I installed the less
> bleeding-edge KDE 4.6.5 and have had rock-solid KDE under Slackware
> 13.37 ever since.

I'd say dull trailing edge, given that 4.8.0 is out, now (especially
since I've been running the 4.8 betas and then rcs for several months,
now, but I wouldn't expect everybody too, especially when released kde
was more beta than release thru 4.3, and rc than release, until late 4.5).

Late 4.6 is reasonable, tho, as long as you're not stuck with known bugs
like mis-positioned panels (which they've fixed 2-3 different causes of,
but as of late 4.7 at least, it was still a problem for some folks, so
that's really "bugs").