[kde-linux] Non-functional KDE 4.6 in openSUSE 11.4

FrankK frankk at oregoncoast.com
Sun Nov 20 22:18:50 UTC 2011

Felix, Duncan, Oleg,

Let me try top posting here to see if it is a lesser
sin than the ".seg". Apparently when I try to post
under the message I'm replying to, I'm continuing the
original message! maya maxima coulpa!

Felix, regarding the POTs comment, I will order an
openSuse 12.1 DVD from OsDisc or On-Disk to move on
to 12.1 and kde 4.7. It will take a week or two for
it to arrive.

It's apparent to me that I have to be in the act of
an installation to take advantage of help from this
list.

I don't think I rebooted into failsafe when I had the
last display problem. During the 11.4 install, the
graphics work flawlessly whether kde or LXDE is
selected for the installation.

Let me resurrect this post after the 12.1 DVD arrives
and I attempt the kde 4.7 install.

Thanks for your time! Sorry for the ".sigs" and the
top post! Frank K