[kde-linux] Re: Printing in 4.6.3

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 02:11:07 UTC 2011

Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2011/05/05 15:51 (GMT-0700) James Tyrer composed:
>

>> I have now upgraded to KDE-4.6.3 and I find that I still can not print
>> correctly from Konqueror.
>>

>> Is there any hope that this will ever work?
>>

>> Are other people able to print, or do the developers simply ignore the
>> fact that printing does not work correctly?
>>
> My experience with printing from web browsers is that all except IE are
> dismal, though my experience printing with a Mac is extremely limited. For
> each acceptable printed page I typically waste between 10&  20 sheets trying,
> unless I use IE (or a DTP or office suite application). It's awful, and a
> very good thing I don't often need to print with a browser.

I print from Seamonkey and Firefox a lot.  I don't have any problems
with printing from a web browser.  I sometimes print whole web pages,
selected parts and even to a pdf at times.  No problems so far.

BTW, I don't use windows so no experience with IE except at my brothers
or something.

Dale

:-)  :-)