[kde-linux] Konqueror 4.6.2 and "Connection to Server Closed Unexpectedly"

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed May 4 17:35:46 UTC 2011

Since upgrading to 4.6.2 I'm getting pretty regular

    The requested operation could not be completed

    Connection to Server Closed Unexpectedly

messages, from Google, eBay, our national weather service - all reliable
sites. Sometimes a refresh gets the page properly. Embedded images aren't
always loading, CSS stylesheets aren't being applied - and this is only
within the first 6 hours of using the upgraded package.

None of this is happening in SeaMonkey, Chrome or Firefox.

This is one of a numebr of regressions in Konqueror since KDE 3 - do they
suggest that Konqueror is becoming obsolete and is being phased out?