[kde-linux] Re: Konqueror throbber missing in 4.6.2?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu May 5 19:20:25 UTC 2011

Jerome Yuzyk posted on Thu, 05 May 2011 12:39:14 -0600 as excerpted:

> On Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:56:15 AM Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net>
> wrote:
>> Christopher Roy Bratusek posted on Wed, 04 May 2011 19:36:14 +0200 as
>>
>> excerpted:
>> >
>> > I'm on Debian/Unstable, with self-build 4.6.2 packages and the
>> > throbber is still here.
>>
>> Ironic that we have two new 4.6.2 threads on the day 4.6.3 should be
>> out...

Unfortunately, it didn't come out on the day it was scheduled.  But if
that means they got a few more bugs fixed, I won't complain. =:^)

>> FWIW, I have the throbber here (Gentoo/~amd64, kde 4.6.2), but AFAIK, I
>> had to recustomize my toolbar to get it, a version or two ago (maybe
>> for 4.6.0 so the first 4.6 I ran?).
>>
>> So try either a fresh user config (new/test user or temporarily move
>> the ~/.kde or ~/.kde4 dir out of the way), or recustomizing your
>> toolbars and adding it.
>
> Ah thanks, I see it in the list of Toolbar items. How do I get it to
> show to the far right of the toolbar like it used to be?

I don't know how your toolbars are configured (and long since forgot
whatever the default might be), but here, I simply added it to the right
of the location bar/box on the location toolbar.  If that's on its own
line or to the right on a shared line, since the location box expands
horizontally to take any available free space, with the throbber as the
last thing on that toolbar, it's to the far right as it's configured to be
by default on most browsers.