[kde-linux] Re: KDE 4.6.3 update messed up my TwinView setup?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Jun 13 04:05:02 UTC 2011

Mark Knecht posted on Sun, 12 Jun 2011 06:47:37 -0700 as excerpted:

> I've been using NVidia's TwinView where my two 1920x1080 monitors are
> treated like one large 3940x1080 screen. This worked fine in 4.6.2 but
> with the Gentoo update yesterday to 4.6.3 it's now treating the two
> monitors like separate 1920x1080 screens.
>
> I'm looking but haven't found it yet. Is there a setting somewhere that
> allows me to set it back the way it was? The
> SystemSettings->Display&Monitor tab shows it's supposed to be a single
> 3940x1080 monitor, so it appears to be more of a desktop issue than
> purely a display issue.

Try... kcontrol (systemsettings, except it's not system-settings but user-
specific kde settings, so the kde3 term kcontrol was more accurate, might
as well call it milkywaygalaxysettings, it'd be about as accurate as the
new name for most of the functionality found there), hardware, display
and monitor, multiple monitors.  FWIW I believe you'll need USE=xinerama
to get that kcontrol module.